UTM CAMPUS SUSTAINABILITY ACHIEVEMENT (2009-2013)
UTM Campus Sustainability initiatives grew organically, concurrent with the campus society social learning process. It is a year of experiencing on how sustainability govern and adopt into campus organizational behaviour and practice. The effort was complement by the performance of UTM Sustainable Energy Management Program (UTM SEMP) since 2009.
- Campus Sustainability voluntary initiative start with saving paper (reduce and reuse paper) campaign, recycling and saving energy.
- UTM Campus Sustainability Policy developed
- UTM Campus Sustainability Organization established which consist of Sustainable Campus Council and Technical Expert.
||• Unit of Sustainability as a secretariat for the UTM Campus Sustainability Organization set up. The unit was placed under the Office of Assets and Development (OAD).
- UTM Energy Policy endorse by University Management Committee 29 May
- Launched ‘Monday is UTM Recycling Day’ and Green Office.
- The first organization awarded 1st EMGS AEMAS at Malaysia Green Technology Corporation (MGTC) Seminar on Energy in 29 August.
- Arked Meranti inaugurated as Sustainable Arcade as to provide sustainable service to the campus community.
- Office of Campus Sustainability (OCS) established to replace the Unit of Sustainability.
- UTM Campus Sustainability Balance Scorecard developed
- First review of UTM Sustainable Energy Policy
- UTM is the first organization awarded 2nd STAR EMGS AEMAS at Energy Conference 29 January.